Sunday 20 July 2014

California Dreamin'


Last year, I took a trip to California with some friends, and I can honestly say it was one of the best weeks of my life. My only problem was my separation anxiety meant that I was very very homesick, but I pushed past that and had a brilliant time! 
We hopped off the plane at LAX, as Miley Cyrus would say ;)
I was mesmirised as I walked down the streets of LA. It just felt unreal to experience such culture at a young age. The weather was gorgeous and we all had a fabulous night bowling... Until we started to fall asleep in a diner, as we'd been up for 36 hours! 
After a well needed night's sleep, we headed to Universal Studios in Hollywood. My friends and I decided to buy fast passes, so we went on every ride! It was great. I'm not a big rollercoaster lover, but a lot of the attractions in this theme park are stimulated, so it was perfect for me! 
The Studio Tour was a breath taking experience. Fire, water, plane crashes, sharks... Exciting!! 
I did try one roller coaster- The Mummy Ride. It was fun and had lots of cool lighting effects. I'm glad I went on it because I can say I have been to every single attraction in Universal Studios Hollywood. 
We also went to the Universal City Walk at night time. Where I sat with my  best friend eating Taco Bell, watching One Direction on a huge screen- great moment. 

The next day, we went to the Hollywood Walk of Fame! I took pictures of almost all of the stars, but here are some of my faves...
Then we took a walk down the beautiful Santa Monica Pier, followed by a walk to Venice Beach. This was probably my favourite part of the whole holiday- I LOVE beaches! 

It was all very very beautiful. 

Finally, we went to Rodeo Drive. It was very posh! My friends were in designer heaven, as they are all big designer lovers. We went to places like Chanel and spent hours enviously looking at all of the things we knew we couldn't afford- it doesn't sound it, but it was fun. 
This trip was amazing, and it was so lovely to be able to spend it with some of my best friends- even if I did miss my family! We also went to San Francisco, but I'll leave that for another post. Please feel free to tell me any of your fun stories of the past :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment